On November 21, 2013, I had the pleasure of leading a professional development workshop for St. Landry Parish teachers on integrating common core math and ELA into our science classes. Here you will find my presentation and links to the resources referenced in the presentation.
- PPT Presentation: Integration of Science Standards and CCSS Practices
- PPT Presentation handout (with notes)
Project-Based Learning Resources
- BIE.org – Freebies
- Rubrics, articles, and project ideas
- Don Yost’s Whiteboarding DO’s and DON’Ts
- Video: Whiteboarding in HS Physics
- Example Whiteboard Problems
- Lowe’s Whiteboard Panel
- This 4′ x 8′ panel can be cut into 6 large whiteboards, each one 24″ x 32″ (a little over $2 each). The finish on this board works well, but does show some ghosting, especially after a couple years. Right next to these panels in the store, you can find boards intended to be used as whiteboards, but they are a bit more expensive (about $5 each).